Our Golden Life Turmeric Blend adds a warm and delicious hint of spice to this classic South African recipe. Remember to press the base down firmly in baking dish or you might end up with an upside down milk tart!
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp Golden Life Turmeric Blend
- 1 tin condensed milk (385g)
- 2 cups boiling water
For the base:
- Cream sugar and butter together, then add the egg and vanilla essence and mix.
- When mixture resembles biscuit dough, add all the flour and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish (approx. 25cm round) and press in dough firmly to cover base and sides. Be careful not to get any holes.
- Set to the side whilst you prepare the filling.
For the filling:
- Dissolve Golden Life Turmeric Blend in the boiling water.
- Add conndensed milk to the boiling watermixture, and allow to cool (till room temperature).
- Beat the eggs and add to the cooled condensed milk and water mixture and mix well.
- Pour filling mixture ontothe prepared base. Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 1 hour. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.