This soup freezes beautifully, so don’t worry about making too much - you can never have enough on hand to keep up with the demands of the soul!
- 80g butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 - 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 fresh chilli(red or green)
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tins sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp Golden Life Turmeric Blend
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 litres of water
- In a large pan, heat the butter, then add the chopped onions to braise till translucent.
- Add chicken, chopped garlic and Golden Life Turmeric Blend and braise for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 litres of water, generous pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Reduce temperature and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add the sweetcorn to the mix.
- Dissolve corn flour in half a cup of water and add to the broth slowly, stirring while mixing. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped coriander and the chilli just before serving.