Use a food processor to crush the marie biscuits and raw almonds, so the almonds can be ground whole with the skin. Warning – you might need to make double the recipe to meet demand!
Makes approx. 20 balls
- 125g butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 300g chopped dates
- 150g finely crushed marie biscuits
- ¼ cup grounds almonds (with skin)
- 1 heaped teaspoon Golden Life Turmeric Blend
- Desiccated coconut
- Melt the butter in a pot on a stove on a low heat.
- Add the sugar and dissolve into the butter.
- Add dates and cook for 3 minutes till dates soften
- Remove from stove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Crush the marie biscuits, and add to the date mixture along with the ground almonds and Golden Life Turmeric Blend. Mix well.
- Roll into small to medium sized balls and coat with the desiccated coconut.